Chief Peguis Trail Extension Project - PHASE 1 COMPLETE
Phase 1 of this project is now complete.
Please see Chief Peguis Trail Extension West for more information.
Public Information Session - March 2011
A public information session was held March 14, 2011 at the Gateway Community Centre, 1717 Gateway Road. Members of the DBF2 design and construction team were in attendance to answer technical questions.
2008 Open House
An open house was held on March 6th, 2008 at Douglas Mennonite Church, 1517 Rothesay Street. Preliminary plan for the Chief Peguis Trail extension was presented. The public was invited to provide comments, suggestions and an opportunity was given to ask questions.
Why is the project being done as Public Private Partnership (P3/DBFM)?
- A Design Build Finance and Maintain (DBFM) model for capital projects provides extended lifecycle benefits compared to projects that are delivered using conventional methods which include
- Transfer of upfront financing costs
- Overall project cost certainty
- Transfer of risk to the private sector and
- Transfer of maintenance cost for the term of the contract
- City Council approved the procurement process for the project to be DBFM model
- DBFM has two key stages
- A Request for Qualification (RFQ) followed by
- A Request for Proposal (RFP)
|Inquiries relating to the project:||Inquiries relating to procurement process:|
Lester P. Deane
By mail or fax:
Manager of Engineering
City of Winnipeg
Public Works Department
106-1155 Pacific Avenue
Winnipeg MB R3E 3P1
| By email:
By mail, telephone or fax:
City of Winnipeg
Corporate Finance Department
510 Main Street, 5th floor
Winnipeg MB R3B 1B9
Media Inquiries Please Call 204-986-6000Last update: 08.01.2020
* Top of Page