Request for Inspection:
Housing inspections can be booked by completing the Housing Inspection Request Form (preferred method) or by calling the Housing Inspections office at 204-986-5300 between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday to Friday. Please be aware that wait times vary for phone-in requests.
Extended Hours for Homeowner Permit Applications and Inspections
We recognize that homeowners need flexibility in arranging for both permit applications and inspections. That is why we offer extended hours for homeowners across Winnipeg.
Not sure if you need a permit? Call 204-986-5140 or look at projects that require permits.
Appointments for homeowner permit applications are available:
- Tuesday - Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Please be advised that our offices are closed to customers on Mondays, which are reserved for telephone inquiries, processing completed drop-off applications, and other administrative work.
- Wednesdays: Office hours are extended from 4:30 p.m.- 7 p.m. for homeowner permit application appointments.
*Permit application appointments are available year round during the day, but there are no Wednesday evening appointments during the month of December.
To schedule a permit application appointment, email email@example.com
or call 204-986-8113
Inspections for homeowner permits are available:
- Monday and Tuesday: 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Thursday & Friday: 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.*
- Saturday: 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.*
*Appointments for extended hours inspections are available for homeowners only. Areas of the city available for scheduled inspections are rotated each week. As such, not all areas are available for inspection appointments each week during extended hours of operation.