Commercial Electrical Inspections
Commercial electrical inspectors conduct inspections of all wiring, electrical equipment/fixtures, alarm systems and all associated systems regarding electrical power sources.
City inspectors review the following types of electrical installation services:
- New installations/additions of electrical services
- New installations/additions of electrical wiring, fixtures, equipment
- Alterations of existing electrical services, wiring, equipment
- Fire alarm/annunciates system installations
- Pools, spas, saunas, hot tubs
- Transformers, communication towers, hydro vaults
- Outdoor lighting, car plugs, services
- Temporary and special events services
- Emergency turn-on and disconnect of services
- New, additions/alterations to electrical components of mechanical systems:
- Heating systems
- Cooling systems
- Venting systems
- Cooking exhaust systems
- Spray Painting systems
- Dust Collection systems
- New, additions/alterations to electrical components of fire protection systems:
- Sprinkler systems
- Standpipe systems
- Fire stopping systems
- Chemical extinguishing systems
- Smoke control systems
Note: The above list is not inclusive, nor is it intended to exclude any other type of construction and/or installation of equipment.
Electrical Information Centre
Provides electrical information in brochures, by-laws, and forms.
Commercial Electrical Inspectors District Map
A map detailing the electrical inspector's names, districts, and phone numbers.