Commercial Building Inspections
Commercial building inspectors conduct inspections on all commercial buildings, structures and equipment including:
- new construction of commercial and multi-family builinds (including apartments)
- additions/alterations/repairs to existing commercial and multi-family buildings
- additions/alterations/repairs to foundations of existing commercial and multi-family buildings
- radio and communication towers/equipment
City inspectors review the following aspects of construction:
- structural and non-structural building framing
- building envelope systems
- interior and exterior building finishes
- barrier-free design and accessibility
- building life safety systems
- building fire safety
- building demolition and public protection site provisions
Note: The above list is not inclusive, nor is it intended to exclude any other type of construction and/or installation of equipment.
Building Inspections Districts Map
A map detailing the commercial building districts and contact information.
Electrical Information Centre
Provides electrical information in brochures, by-laws, and forms.
Mechanical and Plumbing Info Centre
Provides mechanical and plumbing information in brochures, by-laws, and forms.