August 12, 2020 Media Release
On August 7, 2020, at approximately 7:40 a.m., Winnipeg Police responded to a report of an assault that occurred in the 200 block of Pacific Avenue.
Responding officers located a 76-year-old female lying on the ground suffering serious injuries from an assault. The victim was transported to hospital in critical condition where she remains. She has since been upgraded to stable condition.
Investigators determined that the victim was assaulted by two suspects while walking in the area. The suspects returned a short time and assaulted the victim a second time while she was still on the ground injured from the first assault. She was left suffering on the ground for approximately 2.5 hours before someone called for assistance.
Investigators believe there may be witnesses that could assist in locating the persons responsible for this assault. Anyone who may have been in the area and witnessed this incident between the hours of 5:10 a.m. and 7:40 a.m. is requested to contact investigators.
The investigation is continuing by members of the Major Crimes Unit. Anyone with information regarding this matter is asked to contact investigators at (204) 986-6219 or Crime Stoppers at (204) 786-TIPS (8477).
On August 10, 2020, at 8:08 p.m., members of the Winnipeg Police Service responded to a food store the 1100 block of Henderson for a report of a commercial robbery. A lone male had attended the business and demanded money before fleeing in a stolen truck. The male did not receive any money.
Soon after, officers located the male suspect and the vehicle at a restaurant in the 1400 block of Henderson Highway. The male immediately fled in the stolen truck and drove dangerously through the North Kildonan area. A pursuit ensued, and at approximately 8:22 p.m., the male was taken into custody in the 200 block of Edison Avenue after he attempted to abandon the vehicle.
It was determined that the truck had been reported stolen on by a resident of Fort Alexander, Manitoba, on August 1, 2020.
Members of the Major Crimes Unit continued with the investigation, and the suspect was linked to three other commercial robberies:
- On August 3, 2020, at approximately 11:00 a.m., a lone male attended a convenience store in the 2500 block of Main Street and demanded money. The male received an undisclosed amount of money before fleeing.
- On August 7, 2020, at approximately 4:05 a.m., a lone male attended a convenience store in the 1000 block of Henderson Highway and produced a firearm, pointing it at the employee while demanding money. The male received an undisclosed amount of money and product before fleeing.
- On August 9, 2020, at approximately 9:20 a.m., a lone male attended a convenience store in the 400 block of Springfield Road and demanded money and product. The male received an undisclosed amount of money and product before fleeing.
Kyle Jeremy Pelletier, a 25-year-old male of Steinbach, Manitoba, has been charged with:
- Armed Robbery using a Restricted Firearm or Prohibited Firearm
- Robbery (x3)
- Disguise with Intent (x4)
- Poss of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5000
- Flight While Pursued by Peace Officer
- Dangerous Operation of a Conveyance
- Possession of a Weapon (x2)
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
- Use of Firearm During Commission of an Indictable Offence
- Careless Use of Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited Device or Ammunition
- Pointing a Firearm
- Carrying Concealed Weapon Prohibited Device or Ammunition
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm in Motor Vehicle
- Possession of Firearm, Restricted/Prohibited Weapon or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order
- Fail to Comply with Condition of Release Order (x3)
He was detained in custody.