Site Accessibility Information Access Key 1 to Skip to Top Navigation Access Key 2 to Skip to the Three One One link Access Key 3 to Skip to City of Winnipeg Main Menu Access Key 4 to Skip to Left Navigation Menu Access Key 5 to Skip to Content area Access Key 6 to Skip to Right Sidebar content area Access Key 7 to Skip to Footer Links
City of Winnipeg
|  Link to the City of Winnipeg French websiteFrançais  |
COVID-19: City of Winnipeg response and latest updates on City facilities and services COVID-19 : Mesures prises par la Ville de Winnipeg et dernières nouvelles sur les installations et services municipaux

Winnipeg Police Service

Police Records - Frequently Asked Questions

Open all | Close all

How do I get a copy of a police report?

The Winnipeg Police Service does not release police reports.  You can make a request under FIPPA (Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act) at 510 Main Street, City Clerks Department during regular business hours.  This process can take up to 30 days.

How do I get a police incident number?

If you require a police incident number, please call 204-986-6073, press 5 and leave a detailed message and a representative will return your call.

How do I get a police incident confirmation?

If you require a police incident confirmation, you must attend the Police Headquarters during business hours. There is a fee for this request, depending on the number required. The following will be released: police incident number, incident type, incident location, date reported, and attending police badge numbers. We DO NOT released police reports.

How do I obtain a copy of my Motor Vehicle Accident?

You are entitled only to your statement.  The fee for this is $21.26.  You can attend to the Winnipeg Police Headquarters during regular business hours and fill out a Motor Vehicle Collision request form.  Bring in 2 pieces of valid ID.  This process can take up to 10 working days and will be mailed out to you.

Why does the word "VOID" appear on my printed electronic PIC?

The applicant is only able to print the electronic PIC for their own records. When the PIC is shared with the agency, VOID does not appear.

Are a Criminal Record Check and Police Information check the same?

Yes, the Police Information Check is the new terminology for a criminal record check.

Do you have an expedited service?

No, all applications received are processed on a first come first service basis. For faster service, you can apply on-line as long as the agency you are applying with is registered.

Can I pick up my results when they are ready?

No, all Police Information Checks are mailed out to your residence.

How can I obtain a duplicate copy of my Police Information Check?

The applicant can have duplicate copies for $5.00 each only if they applied in person.  No copies can be made if one applied online.  To obtain a copy, attend to the Police Headquarters during regular business hours.

Do Police Information/Police Vulnerable Sector Checks expire?

They do not expire, however it is up to the applicant to check with the agency on their policy.

I misplaced my receipt - can I get a copy?

Yes - you can obtain a copy of your receipt by attending the Police Headquarters located at 245 Smith Street during business hours.