Victim services volunteer
Victim Service Volunteers work closely with one another and with assigned Police Officers in assisting victims of crime. This is achieved primarily by telephone contact with victims offering them support and resource information on social and judicial material.
The duties of a Victim services volunteer include:
- Answering telephones and providing short-term emotional support to victims of crime and tragedy.
- Provide referrals to appropriate community resources.
- Provide crime prevention information.
- Provide information to victims regarding their occurrences by accessing police data base.
- Obtain and provide court information to victims of crime.
- Provide Criminal Justice information regarding Victim Bill of Rights, Victim Impact Statements and Compensation for Victims of Crime.
- Conduct personal home visits when required.
- Volunteer at various Police related events.
For further information interested individuals can contact the Victim Services Volunteer Coordinator at 204-986-3977.
Prospective volunteer applicants please note:
The Winnipeg Police Service is not accepting volunteer applications at this time. Please check the website periodically for information on the next opportunity.