Site Accessibility Information Access Key 1 to Skip to Top Navigation Access Key 2 to Skip to the Three One One link Access Key 3 to Skip to City of Winnipeg Main Menu Access Key 4 to Skip to Left Navigation Menu Access Key 5 to Skip to Content area Access Key 6 to Skip to Right Sidebar content area Access Key 7 to Skip to Footer Links
City of Winnipeg
|  Link to the City of Winnipeg French websiteFrançais  |
COVID-19: City of Winnipeg response and latest updates on City facilities and services COVID-19 : Mesures prises par la Ville de Winnipeg et dernières nouvelles sur les installations et services municipaux

Winnipeg Police Service

Recruiting bannerFrequently Asked Questions - Civilian

1. How long does the application process take?

  • Approximately 6 months from the application closing date to offer of employment.  

2. Are the background investigations for civilian staff the same as the background investigations done for sworn members?

  • Yes

3. Can I submit a general application?

  • We do not accept general applications or unsolicited resumés. You must apply to specific external competitions when they are posted.

4. What if I received my education outside of Canada?

  • Applicants educated outside of Canada must have their education assessed and submit the official academic report issued by a recognized Canadian Assessment Service as part of their application.  

    *Recognized Canadian assessment services must be members of the Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada (ACESC).  They offer a variety of assessment products including Basic/General or Comprehensive/Detailed reports.  While either type of report can be submitted, only a Basic/General report is required.

5. I haven't found the answer to my question. What do I do now?

Was this information helpful?

How can we make it better?

Any personal information included in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Quelles améliorations pourrions-nous faire?

Les renseignements personnels qui sont inclus dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer notre site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone (311) si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.