Frequently Asked Questions - Civilian
1. How long does the application process take?
- Approximately 6 months from the application closing date to offer of employment.
2. Are the background investigations for civilian staff the same as the background investigations done for sworn members?
3. Can I submit a general application?
- We do not accept general applications or unsolicited resumés. You must apply to specific external competitions when they are posted.
4. What if I received my education outside of Canada?
Applicants educated outside of Canada must have their education assessed and submit the official academic report issued by a recognized Canadian Assessment Service as part of their application.
*Recognized Canadian assessment services must be members of the Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada (ACESC). They offer a variety of assessment products including Basic/General or Comprehensive/Detailed reports. While either type of report can be submitted, only a Basic/General report is required.
5. I haven't found the answer to my question. What do I do now?
- For further inquiries you may contact Civilian Recruiting at 986-4655/4959, or email at WPS-Recruiting@winnipeg.ca.