A career with the Winnipeg Police Services provides fulfilling and meaningful work, offering job satisfaction knowing you are making a real difference. In addition to an interesting and rewarding career, the WPS offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and their families.
The Winnipeg Police Service has two (2) different unions and associations representing employees: Winnipeg Police Association (WPA), and Winnipeg Senior Officer Association (WPSOA). Some employees are not represented by unions, WPSOA and Winnipeg Association of Public Service Officers (WAPSO) - exempt. Benefits for all employees vary according to the relevant Collective Agreements.
Benefit costs are a combination of employer paid, employee paid, and cost-shared. Once eligibility requirements are met, benefits offered include:
- Competitive salaries, paid overtime, and shift premiums
- Uniforms, equipment and/or clothing allowance where applicable
- Employer paid Dental plan, Vision Care, Ambulance, and Semi-Private Hospital Room coverage.
- Employee paid Extended Health coverage (optional)
- Employee paid Travel Insurance (optional)
- Group Life Insurance: Police Officer Plan / Civilian Member Plan
- Long Term Disability
- Pension Plan: Police Officer Pension Plan / Civilian Member Pension Plan (WCEBP)
- Vacation Leave:
- 3 weeks vacation after one year of continuous service
- 4 weeks vacation after 5 yrs
- 5 weeks vacation after 13 yrs
- 6 weeks vacation after 21 yrs
- Sick Leave benefits, including paid Discretionary Leave
- Maternity/Parental Leave programs
- Employee and Family Assistance Program and Behavioral Health Services
- Employee Wellness Program, including access to gym facilities
- Education, Training and Staff Development, including tuition reimbursement program