The Winnipeg Police Service Endowment Fund supports the philosophy of crime prevention through social development, which is an approach to crime prevention that deals with socio-economic risk factors that cause crime.
To this end the goal of the Endowment Fund is to support at risk families and children, which for various reasons require additional support from the community. Through the funding of such initiatives as after school programs, drop in centres as well as educational and recreational activities will help to create positive, enriching opportunities for families and children in hopes of empowering them to reach their full potential.
The Winnipeg Police Endowment Fund has been established by a formal agreement with the Winnipeg Foundation. This permanently established endowment fund is a long term strategy to generate an annual revenue stream to support the Winnipeg Police Service vision of creating a culture of safety in the City of Winnipeg.
Grant applications are reviewed by the Winnipeg Police Service Endowment Fund Committee in accordance with policies as stated in the Endowment Fund Policies and Guidelines. Preference is given to projects that demonstrate a community need and promote the well-being of the community through social, health and educational measures.
For 2019, the Endowment Fund has an allocation of $10,285.00 and is looking to fund projects that meet the fund criteria.
- Applications will be accepted from January 1st to February 28th each calendar year.
- Organizations may submit a grant application to The Winnipeg Police Service Endowment Fund once in the calendar year.
- The grant decision will be made within 30 days after the grant application closing date.
- Disbursement of grant(s) will occur the first week of April each calendar year.
Policies and Guidelines
- Please review the Winnipeg Police Service Endowment Fund – Policies & Guidelines to ensure your project fits the grant criteria.
- The Endowment Fund supports a wide range of programs which may include the purchasing of sports equipment, supplies and equipment for after school programs, drop in centres, community centres or program costs related to educational classes. ie. Parenting classes.
- The following are not eligible for funding through the program:
- capital campaigns, and
- programs that would normally be covered by a school or government agency.
Submit Your Application
Applications will be accepted from January 1st to February 29th through email or mail as follows;
Endowment Fund email account: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail: Winnipeg Police Service Endowment Fund
P.O. Box 1680 Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 2Z7
After You Have Submitted Your Application:
- You will receive an email confirmation of receipt of your application, indicating when the grants committee will meet to make a decision on the grant applications received.
- The Endowment Fund Manager will review your application and contact you if further information is required.
- Organizations are responsible for notifying the Endowment Fund Manager through the Endowment Fund email account if there are any changes to the grant application.
- The Endowment Fund committee will meet to make a decision on your application, and you will be notified by email of the decision.
January 16, 2019
* Top of Page