Site Accessibility Information Access Key 1 to Skip to Top Navigation Access Key 2 to Skip to the Three One One link Access Key 3 to Skip to City of Winnipeg Main Menu Access Key 4 to Skip to Left Navigation Menu Access Key 5 to Skip to Content area Access Key 6 to Skip to Right Sidebar content area Access Key 7 to Skip to Footer Links
City of Winnipeg
|  Link to the City of Winnipeg French websiteFrançais  |

Winnipeg Police Service

About the Service - Evidence Control Unit

Evidence Control Unit | How to Recover Property | Stolen Bicycles
Unclaimed Property | Frequently Asked Questions

I found some property, what should I do with it?

If not an emergency (such as dangerous product(s), explosive material, hazardous goods, etc) please contact your local Community Service Centre or the Police non-emergency line at 204-986-6222 for directions on how to proceed.

If it is an emergency, please contact either 911 (life and death situation or imminent danger to life/property is present) or our non-emergency line at 204-986-6222 (if not life and death situation).

I have a question about the police investigation and what is happening. Who do I contact?

Please contact the investigating officer directly. If you are unsure who that is contact either your nearest Community Service Centre or call the police non-emergency phone line at 204-986-6222 for assistance.

CALEA Logo Click to visit the CALEA website.
"An Internationally Accredited Law Enforcement Agency"