About the Service - Evidence Control Unit
Unclaimed Property | Frequently Asked Questions
The Evidence Control Unit is responsible for the overall control, custody, release or other disposition of property taken into possession of the Winnipeg Police Service.
Hours of Operation
The unit is open to the public (excluding stat holidays):
- Monday to Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
If you have business with this unit, you are advised to contact us directly by calling 204-986-6280 for further information regarding our location and/or processes.
What the Evidence Control Unit is not responsible for:
Police Seized Vehicles
- Please contact the investigating officer directly.
Abandoned or derelict vehicles
- Please call the complaint line at 204-986-6222, or notify your nearest Community Service Centre and provide them with the details of the situation.
Overgrown yards, additions to personal property, fire permits, etc.
- Please call the City of Winnipeg 311 Service Centre or visit the City of Winnipeg website for further information relating to your concern (i.e. Bylaw, Licensing, etc).