About the Service - Vision, Mission, and Values
A Culture of Safety for All
Build safe and healthy communities across Winnipeg through excellence in law enforcement and leadership in crime prevention through social development.
What We Value and Believe
We act in an open, honest and trustworthy way in all of our interactions with each other and the public.
We honour the diversity of individuals, showing understanding and acceptance for all people.
Citizens and Communities
We conduct ourselves in a professional manner at all times, are above reproach and demonstrate pride and commitment to the people and communities we serve.
We make quality, ethical decisions that guide our individual and collective efforts and are responsible for our actions, use of resources and effectiveness.
Whether serving on the streets or providing leadership and support, we will make tough decisions and take decisive actions to valiantly protect people and communities.
- The safety and security of people, property and the community are a critical public interest.
- In the rights of individuals and bias-free policing.
- In the worth of each individual but in the reality that individuals and groups who engage in criminal behavior must face the consequences and society must be protected from them.
- Significant strides in preventing crime will happen when the risk factors of crime are appropriately addressed.
- We must work collaboratively with the community and other justice, social services, health and community agencies who contribute time, resources and support, if we are to prevent crime in the long-term.
- Our success depends upon the professionalism, innovation, skill and compassion of civilian and sworn members of the police service.
- In the health, protection, well-being and professional development of our membership.
- Effective governance is critical to ensuring accountability and effectiveness in the delivery of policing services