TakeAction is a program designed to enhance community safety by educating the citizens of Winnipeg on easy, practical steps they can take to develop a personal safety strategy.
The Winnipeg Police Service supports the TakeAction program by proactively promoting public education and awareness on ways to prevent crime, through:
- crime awareness presentations
- presentations on crime prevention topics to community groups, schools and other organizations
- presentations to senior citizen groups, in conjunction with Age & Opportunity Older Victim Services
Education and training are the most effective weapons that you can use to combat crime.
Presentations offered by the Winnipeg Police Service include:
- Introduction to the Winnipeg Police Service
- Personal Safety
- Personal Safety for Home Visitors
- Frauds and Scams
- Gang Awareness
- Drug Awareness
- Workplace Safety
- Active Shooter
Due to demand, we request you contact us at least six weeks prior to the event. All presentations are approximately 1 hour in duration.
Mascot or display car
Planning a community event? We'd be happy to show our support. The Winnipeg Police mascot, Copper and/or a cruiser car may be able to attend.
Our attendance is free of charge; however, there must be a minimum of 15 people registered to attend your event. Please note, that due to high demand for these appearances, we require requests to be submitted a minimum of six weeks in advance of your event.
* Top of Page