Buy and Sell Exchange Zone
In an effort to promote personal safety, the Winnipeg Police Service has initiated Buy and Sell zones at each of the four main Winnipeg police stations. Persons conducting legal buy and sell transactions are invited to attend the designated zones to make the exchanges.
The Winnipeg Police Service recommends that transactions take place during daylight hours when the stations are open to the public: Police station hours and locations.
Officers will not assist with transactions which includes monitoring, negotiating, or completing exchanges for anyone. Citizens are required to conduct property checks on their own; serial numbers can be searched at http://app.cpic-cipc.ca/English/search.cfm
Members of the public are reminded that suspected criminal activity should be reported to the police.
Exchanges involving weapons or illegal items are not permitted.
Persons attending to Winnipeg Police Services Buy and Sell zones, including the parking lots, may be subject to video monitoring. The Winnipeg Police Service does not assume responsibility for the use of Buy and Sell zones.
Members of the public are reminded to use caution when purchasing items through online advertisements. We offer the following crime prevention tips:
- Ask for a photo of the serial number before meeting and attempt to confirm the item hasn't been reported stolen.
- Don’t provide your personal information to anyone.
- Buying or selling - take screenshots of the advertisement and ID number, the seller's contact information, and all communications.
- Check the buyer/seller's name through an online search engine.
- Take only enough cash with you to pay for the item being purchased
- Ask about the history of the item being sold.
- Meet during daylight hours, in a public space.
- Do not transfer/provide money to the person before receiving the product.
- Do not meet someone alone.
- Do not give out personal or banking information.
- Use generic photos when posting an item for sale.
- Trust your instincts - if something feels wrong, it probably is.
Learn more about Crime Prevention.
245 Smith Street
2321 Grant Avenue
260 Hartford Avenue
1750 Dugald Road
Interested in having a Police Officer to provide a presentation to your group? We'd love to help.
To make your request, please complete and submit the following form.
Due to demand, we request you contact us at least six weeks prior to the event. Most presentations are one hour in duration.
Presentations are free of charge, however the organization requesting the presentation must supply the venue. You must have at least 20 people registered to attend your event.
* Top of Page