Now is your chance to serve on a Board or Commission

Eligibility has expanded to include to permanent residents

City Hall sign outside of Council Building

Do you want to make a positive impact on Winnipeg? If you answered yes, consider applying for one of our Boards and Commissions. Serving on a Board or Commission is one way to play an active role in your community and assist in making meaningful decisions.  

New this year, permanent residents are now eligible to apply. Previously only Canadian citizens eligible to vote in the municipal election were eligible to serve on a Board or Commission. All applicants must be a resident of Winnipeg and 18 years or older on the date of application.

Applications are now being accepted for vacancies on 17 various Boards and Commissions as part of an annual selection process.

Volunteer terms vary from one to three years depending on the Board or Commission and meeting frequency ranges. Some Boards also offer remuneration.

The deadline to apply is Friday, October 15, 2021 with the successful candidates appointed by City Council on or before its meeting in January, 2022. Contact 311 for more information.

The following Boards and Commissions are looking to fill vacancies in 2022:


Other City information

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.