Do you want to make a positive impact on Winnipeg? If you answered yes, consider applying for one of our Boards and Commissions. Serving on a Board or Commission is one way to play an active role in your community and assist in making meaningful decisions.
New this year, permanent residents are now eligible to apply. Previously only Canadian citizens eligible to vote in the municipal election were eligible to serve on a Board or Commission. All applicants must be a resident of Winnipeg and 18 years or older on the date of application.
Applications are now being accepted for vacancies on 17 various Boards and Commissions as part of an annual selection process.
Volunteer terms vary from one to three years depending on the Board or Commission and meeting frequency ranges. Some Boards also offer remuneration.
The deadline to apply is Friday, October 15, 2021 with the successful candidates appointed by City Council on or before its meeting in January, 2022. Contact 311 for more information.
The following Boards and Commissions are looking to fill vacancies in 2022:
- Board of Adjustment
- Board of Revision
- Community Emergency Advisory Committee
- Historical Buildings and Resources Committee
- Human Rights Committee of Council
- Library Advisory Committee
- Seven Oaks House Museum Board
- St. Boniface Museum Board
- St. James-Assiniboia Museum Board (Historical Museum Association of St. James-Assiniboia)
- Grant’s Old Mill (St. James Assiniboia Pioneer Association)
- Transcona Historical Museum Board
- Vehicles for Hire Appeal Board
- Winnipeg Arts Council Inc.
- Winnipeg Committee for Safety
- Winnipeg Food Council
- Winnipeg Housing Rehabilitation Corporation
- Winnipeg Public Library Board
Other City information