Annual water meter readings still required
Don’t forget to submit yours
May 1, 2020
Due to concerns about COVID-19, City of Winnipeg water meter readers will not be visiting homes this summer. However, you are still required to submit at least one accurate meter reading per year.
“It’s important to submit regular water meter readings so you only pay for the water you use,” said Gilbert Fillion, Superintendent of Meters with the Water & Waste Department.
Residents will receive a meter reading reminder card in the mail when it’s time to read their water meter.
Residents who have signed up for online billing with MyUtilityBill will also get meter reading reminder notices by e-mail.
To read your water meter, follow these steps:
- Locate the water meter – they’re normally found in the basement, near the front of building or under the stairs
- Lift the lid of the water meter so the face of the meter is visible – it should look similar to an old vehicle odometer.
- Write down all of the numbers from left to right, including all zeros and numbers – disregard any periods
Meter readings can be submitted by phone or online:
- Call our 24-hour automated water meter reading system at (204) 986-4445 and follow the recorded instructions
- Visit MyUtilityBill and click the “Submit Meter Reading” button on the home page
For more information on meter reading, please visit: myutilitybill.winnipeg.ca.