In September 2023, the Winnipeg Police Service Guns & Gang Unit initiated a Controlled Drug and Substance Act and Firearms investigation involving a residence located in the 500 block of Spence Street. Search warrants were applied for and granted.
On September 23, 2023, at approximately 9:20 p.m., officers conducted a traffic stop on a Ford Escape with multiple occupants in the 800 block of Ellice Avenue.
As a result of a search of the occupants and vehicle, the following was located and seized:
- Loaded sawed-off .22 calibre rifle
- Numerous 12-gauge shotgun shells
- .22 calibre ammunition
- Several cellular phones
- $3,315 in Canadian currency
- 770 grams of methamphetamine (estimated street value - $40,000)
- 489 grams of fentanyl (estimated street value - $75,000)
- 15 Percocet pills (estimated street value - $300)
- Digital scales and packaging material
- 12-gauge sawed-off shotgun
- 9mm handgun and magazine
- 275 grams of methamphetamine (estimated street value - $14,000)
- 9 grams of cocaine (estimated street value - $900)
- 1 gram of fentanyl (estimated street value - $150)
As a result of the search of the residence, the following was located and seized:
- .22 calibre rifle
- Digital scale
- Shotgun shells
- .22 caliber ammunition
- A piece of a sawed-off barrel
Justyn Barry BOURNE, 36, Roman Soloman HOULE, 37, Nathan Wayne MCKAY, 30, and Jarrod Michael DAVIS, 32, have been charged with numerous drug and weapon-related offences.
A 21-year-old female and a 45-year-old female are also facing charges and released.
BOURNE, HOULE, MCKAY and DAVIS were detained in custody.