Damage claims

If your property has sustained damage from a public tree during this weather event, please report the damages to your property insurer to determine whether homeowners/tenants insurance coverage would apply.

If you believe the City is responsible for the damage caused by a public tree, you can file a claim against the City of Winnipeg.

Notification of a potential claim may be submitted in writing, by phone, email, Canada Post, or fax to 311, as soon as possible.

Claims should include:

  • A detailed description of your property damage
  • Documentation to support a claim such as: photos, receipts and estimates
  • Reasons outlining why they believe the City of Winnipeg is responsible for the damage

Claim procedure