Aboriginal Bus Operators Application Information Session
February 19, 2014
Are you looking for an exciting new career?
Look no further!
Winnipeg Transit is preparing for an Aboriginal Recruitment for Aboriginal Bus Operators between the ages of 18 and 30.
If you or anyone you know is interested in coming out to hear about this exciting opportunity, please call: Darrell Sais at 204-986-5377 (voicemail) or 204-997-3547 (cell) or email email@example.com to register for an Application Information Session!
*Click for larger version
Student Meter Reader: Water and Waste Department
February 07, 2014
Posting #: 110740
As the Student Meter Reader you will be:
- Attending a customer's premise to obtain a water meter reading
- Inspecting meters to ensure integrity of seal wire and seals/reseals as required
- Identifying meter tampering, non-working meters and unauthorized use
- Identifying abnormal consumptions and possible causes
- Identifying new occupancy, inactivity or incomplete account information
Your experience includes:
- High School Graduation and minimum one year post-secondary
- Basic knowledge of domestic plumbing
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with other employees and the general public at times under stressful conditions
- Self-motivated, able to make logical decisions and work under minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties of this position
- Valid Class 5 Manitoba Driver’s Licence
- Personal vehicle for job duties is required (no exceptions)
- A Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search satisfactory to the Employer will be required from the successful candidate.
- Successful applicants must be available for mandatory training on May 5, 6 and 7th from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm at 180 King Street. May 7th training will be held at 243 Main Street.
How to Apply:
Complete and submit an online application form. Wait one business day and proceed to Step 2.
--- OR ---
In Person Applications
Applications are available at City Hall, Administration Building, Main Floor, Human Resources, 510 Main Street. Proceed to Step 2.
Once the application is complete and processed, you must come in-person, on or before February 21, 2014 to City Hall, Administration Building, Main Floor, Human Resources, 510 Main Street for a pre-screening interview between the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. or 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday.
IF THE IN PERSON PRE-SCREENING INTERVIEW IS NOT COMPLETED, YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED ANY FURTHER. All applicants must be returning to school in the fall or completing their final year of study.
Salary: $16.47/hour (plus $1.20/hour night shift premium)
Location: 243 Main Street
Hours of work: Monday to Friday – 2:15 pm to 8:30 pm OR 2:30 pm to 8:30 pm (6 or 6.25 hours per shift – alternating start time throughout the program to ensure all staff have the opportunity to work the same number of hours). Term positions from May 5 – August 29, 2014.
For more information on this opportunity and other careers within the City, visit: Careers.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.