Wednesday, December 7, 2016
NWTC provides long term residential safe housing for Aboriginal Women and Children who have experienced victimization through interpersonal relationships and/or systemic neglect.
We require a Residential Site Manager. This full time position is responsible for supervision of all programs and services delivered. The position will work with the Executive Director in operations management to ensure the organization is providing all women who reside at our Centre with supported services.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- A BSW Degree and/or a Diploma in the field of human services along with a minimum of two years of management experience;
- Experience working in a residential facility;
- Comprehensive knowledge and skills as a counselor and advocate, especially in the areas of family violence, child welfare, addictions and women’s issues;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- Experience in planning and facilitating group workshops;
- Excellent writing skills, including proposals, case documentation and report writing
- Case management experience;
- Ability to multi-task and manage stress effectively;
- Excellent assessment and problem-solving skills ;
- Knowledgeable and respectful of Aboriginal methodologies of healing and spirituality;
- vast knowledge of community resources;
- Ability to speak an Aboriginal language is considered an asset.
Salary based on experience and qualifications.
Please send detailed cover letter and resume to:
Native Women’s Transition Centre,105 Aikins Street, Winnipeg, MB R2W 4E4
OR email email@example.com OR fax 204-586-1101
Closing date for application is Dec 9th, 4:00 p.m. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by the Hiring Committee.
We thank all candidates for your expressed interest in working at the Native Women’s Transition Centre.