Appelez au bon numéro : Quand contacter le 211 plutôt que le 311

211 connects you with the right community or social service resource

Person holding phone

If you're searching for mental health supports, home-care services, or newcomer resources, knowing where to go can be overwhelming and stressful. A call to 211 Manitoba can connect you to government, health, and social service resources available across the province to help.

A United Way initiative, 211 Manitoba is a free, confidential, 24/7 service that can be accessed by anyone in Canada. It launched in Manitoba at the end of 2020.

“If you don’t know where to start, call 211 and we will help you find the right community or social service resource,” said Daniel Leonard, 211 Manitoba Director with United Way Winnipeg.  

If you aren’t familiar with 211 Manitoba, you might not be sure of the difference between that service and our 311 Contact Centre.

When to contact 211 Manitoba

You’ll want to reach out to 211 if you are looking for non-emergency community health and social service resources. This includes questions related to housing and people experiencing homelessness, senior supports, employment, and even legal issues.

When to contact 311

If your questions are about City services or programs such as snow clearing concerns, recreation program information, or garbage and recycling collection issues, you'll want to connect with our 311 Contact Centre.

“Our 311 Contact Centre often gets calls that would be best handled by 211 Manitoba,” said Felicia Wiltshire, the City’s Director of Customer Service & Communications

The 211 Manitoba website also has a searchable database of organizations and programs that you can access. Service providers can reach out to 211 Manitoba to be included in its database

If your questions are best suited for our 311 Contact Centre, make sure to review these tips prior to reaching out as we have a variety of self-serve options you can use.

In case of a police, fire, or medical emergency, you must call 911.


Originally posted on February 11, 2022

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.