Are you passionate about the arts? What about interested in historical buildings? Do you want to make a positive impact on Winnipeg? If you answered yes to any of those questions, consider applying for one of the City’s Boards and Commissions.
Serving on a Board or Commission is one way to play an active role in your community and assist in making meaningful decisions.
Applications are now being accepted for vacancies on 16 various Boards and Commissions as part of an annual selection process. Canadian residents who live in Winnipeg and are entitled to vote in the municipal election can apply.
Volunteer terms vary from one to three years depending on the Board or Commission and meeting frequency ranges. The Board of Adjustment and the Board of Revision also offer remuneration for certain positions.
The deadline to apply is Friday, October 18, 2019 with the successful candidates appointed by City Council on or before its meeting in January, 2020. Contact 311 for more information.
The following Boards and Commissions are looking to fill vacancies in 2020:
- Board of Adjustment
- Board of Revision
- Historical Buildings and Resources Committee
- Human Rights Committee of Council
- Library Advisory Committee
- Seven Oaks House Museum Board
- St. Boniface Museum Board
- St. James-Assiniboia Museum Board (Historical Museum Association of St. James-Assiniboia)
- St. James Assiniboia Pioneer Association (Grant’s Old Mill)
- Transcona Historical Museum Board
- Vehicles for Hire Appeal Board
- Winnipeg Arts Council Inc.
- Winnipeg Committee for Safety
- Winnipeg Food Council
- Winnipeg Housing Rehabilitation Corporation
- Winnipeg Public Library Board
Other City information