The EMS Public Education branch of the Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service offers a variety of presentation topics to the community. This service is free of charge and can be booked by contacting our department at 204-986-6380. The topics we cover are listed below.
- Fentanyl/Opioids/Street drug education - Aggressive education campaign targeting high school aged students, community groups, workplaces to name a few. This presentation provides critical information relating to the deadly affects of opioids, EMS response awareness, signs and symptoms of an opioid overdose and current opioid response data.
- Fall & Injury Prevention - Provide trip hazard awareness and techniques to reduce falling and injuries associated with trip and fall incidents.
- E.R.I.K. - "Emergency Response Information Kit" ERIK is an invaluable tool used by Paramedics to access important patient information. A patients medical history, current medications, next of kin and allergies to name a few.
- WFPS EMS Response Profile and accessing 911 appropriately - Provide awareness of WFPS Emergency Medical Services Response profile. Provide information in order to appropriately access 911.
- Medication, Drug and Life Safety for Children - Providing important safety messages to school aged children regarding medication/drug and life safety awareness.
- Welcoming New Canadians - An Introduction to Emergency Medical Services and accessing 911 - An easy to follow presentation designed to introduce new immigrants to the world of Paramedics and 911 Communications
- CPR/AED Awareness
- Career Information - Paramedics on hand to answer questions and discuss the realities of a career in paramedicine.
Last update: August 4, 2017