- The City of Winnipeg has a volunteer keyed lock box program that is administered through the Winnipeg Fire Department.
- The lock box program installs Medeco lock boxes exclusively.
- All installation and maintenance costs associated with this are the responsibility of the property owner.
- Property owners do not have access to the contents of the lock box after it is installed; only Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service Firefighters and Paramedics.
- To have a lock box installed an owner or owner's agent must fill out a "REQUEST FOR LOCK BOX KEY BOX INSTALLATION OR CHANGE OF KEYS" form.
- This request form is available online or in person at the FIRE PREVENTION BRANCH located on the second floor at 185 King Street.
- Take this form to a locksmith who is able to install a MEDECO KEYED LOCK BOX. The locksmith will complete their portion of the request form and send it to the Fire Prevention Branch when the work is completed.
- To change the contents of an existing MEDECO KEYED LOCK BOX the owner or owner's agent must phone the Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service, Fire Prevention Branch at 204-986-8200. A meeting will be arranged with the requesting party to open the lock box and make the changes to the contents. There is no cost for this service.
Last update: October 25, 2017