We want to assure you we are continuing to closely monitor this evolving situation. The City’s Office of Emergency Management in close communication with the province as well as other health organizations to help us respond appropriately.
It is important to keep up to date with the current risk level in Manitoba.
The health, safety, and well-being of our employees and maintaining essential services to residents are our top priorities. We will continue to monitor this situation and our approach with health officials.
You are reminded to exercise precautions to protect against the spread of illness.
- Everyone should practice good handwashing hygiene and wash your hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds and dry them thoroughly – if you are unable to wash your hands, use an alcohol-based hand cleanser
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, or cough or sneeze into your sleeve – throw used tissues in the garbage and immediately wash your hands, or use an alcohol-based hand cleanser
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Minimize prolonged (more than 10 minutes), close (less than two meters/six feet) contact with individuals in public
- Avoid travel, crowded places and events, especially if you are at higher risk (e.g. seniors and those with underlying medical conditions)
- If you are unwell, stay at home
If you have questions related to COVID-19, please visit manitoba.ca/covid19.