Recreation Equipment Loans
Add some fun to your event by renting recreational equipment!
How to Rent Equipment
- View the selection of games, kits and specialty items below.
- Fill out the Equipment Loans Form with the equipment and dates you would like.
- Email your form to email@example.com
- You will be contacted once your form has been received. A credit or debit card is required for the rental and damage deposit.
- Pick up equipment at 565 Watt Street (rear compound) at the designated date and time.
- Have fun!
- Return equipment to 565 Watt Street (rear compound) at the designated date and time. Damage deposit will be refunded when the equipment is returned on time with no damage or missing pieces.
Equipment Available for Loan
Picnic kit 1
- 1 horseshoe set
- 1 croquet set
- 1 small ring toss
- 1 frisbee
- 1 football
Picnic kit 2
- wiffle balls
- 3-legged race ties
- potato sacks
- 1 frisbee
- Assorted sports
- Bocce Ball
- Street hockey
Most games are approximately 3 feet by 4 feet in size or larger
- Feed the Monkey
- Rattlesnake Roundup
- Honey Bee
- Farm Animal
- Happy Face
- UFO 1
- UFO 2
- Rocket 1
- Rocket 2
- Comic Hero
- Large Pylon
- Goalie 1
- Goalie 2
- Goalie 3
- Baseball Catcher
- Ice Cream
- Cartoon Ogre
- Cartoon Sponge (2)
- Alligator Bowling
- Ultimate Putting
- Role and Score
- Stand Up
- Drop the Ball
- Triple Threat (basketball/baseball/football)
- Tug of war rope (50’ or 100’)
- 4-way tug of war rope
- Potato sacks
- 3-legged race ties
- Fire pits
- Parachutes (6’-30’)
- Gymnic balls (30-46”)
- Hula hoops
- Megaphones (small and large)
- Snow painting
- Cooperative skis (for winter relay races)
- Snowshoes (children and adult sizes available)
Rental Fees (Effective January 1, 2018)
|1 Game/Kit/Specialty Item||$22.60 (incl. GST)|
|Additional Games/Kits/Specialty Items||$10.75 each (incl. GST)|
|Damage Deposit (per Game/Kit/Secialty Item)||$50 and up|
Maximum 7 games/kits/specialty items per loan.
|20’x20’ (white)||$319.20 (incl. GST)|
|Non-business hours set up/take down||*Additional fees may apply|
- The renter is responsible for pick-up and return of all equipment (except tents)
- Non-residents will incur a 20% surcharge on all rental fees
- Additional tent information:
- Delivery, setup, takedown, and return are done by City of Winnipeg employees
- Renter is responsible for providing a copy of the “Facilities Locate form” from Manitoba Hydro through their “Call before you dig” program
Terms and Conditions
Fees & Damage Deposit
- Rental fees must be paid at time of booking by credit or debit card only
- Damage deposit applies to EACH game/kit/specialty item rented
- Full damage deposit refundable if equipment is returned in good condition
- If equipment is damaged or lost, cost of replacement will be retained from damage deposit
- Damage deposit payable minimum 1 business day prior to pick up via credit or debit card only
Pick up & Return policy (excluding tent rentals)
- Pick up time is Monday through Friday 12:00pm to 3:00pm. No pickups during weekends or statutory holidays.
- Return time is Monday through Friday 8:30am to 11:30am. No returns during weekends or statutory holidays.
- The daily rate will be applied for late rental returns, and for each additional day until the equipment is returned
- Request for cancellation must be made 1 business week prior to pick up date for full refund. A cancellation fee may apply.
- Rental cost will be retained if cancelled in lieu of 1 business week’s notice of pick up date
Personal information is collected under and protected by S. 36(1)(b) of The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Personal information will be used to support the City of Winnipeg’s Leisure Guide program provision, including program registration, emergency contact, program promotion and evaluation, compliance with contractual obligations and to share with appropriate certifying bodies (where applicable). If you have any questions about the collection of this information, contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail to City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9, or by telephone at 311.
Equipment Loan Fee Waivers
The City of Winnipeg has a fee subsidy program for qualifying individuals and organizations which includes waived fees for equipment loans.