Fee Subsidy Program
If you are planning to apply for a fee subsidy for a Fall 2019 / Winter 2020 Leisure Guide activity, we recommend that you submit your application by August 21, 2019 in order to ensure that your application is processed prior to the registration start date.
Recreation is for Everyone!
The goal of the City of Winnipeg Community Services Department’s Fee Subsidy Program is to expand access to recreation opportunities and experiences for Winnipeggers, regardless of family income.
Type of Subsidies
There are 2 main types of subsidies available:
- Facility Passes – Admission to the City of Winnipeg’s recreation facilities (swimming pools and leisure centres). Valid for one year from the date issued.
- Program Subsidies – Registered Leisure Guide activities (including skating & swimming) as well as drop‑in active living programs.
You must be a City of Winnipeg resident and one of the following must apply:
- You have a social assistance case number
- You have entered the country as a refugee
- You have a family income below the low income cut-off (LICO) (amounts listed below)
|People in Household||Household Income|
|More than 7||for each additional person,
Note: Other considerations may be made for special circumstances.
(Sources: Statistics Canada and Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada)
How to Apply:
After you fill out the application form, please save it to your computer. The completed form can either be submitted by email or printed and submitted by mail or fax, as per the instructions below.
- Provide verification of economic need (required only once per year)
Along with your application form, you will need to include a copy of one of the following (if it has not already been supplied in the past 12 months):
- Social assistance budget letter
- A copy of documentation showing your landing date in Canada and/or UCI number
- Most recent Canada Revenue Agency Notice of Assessment identifying annual family net income (including the Notice of Assessment for your spouse/partner)
- Monthly statement of income from CPP Disability (including the income verification for your spouse/partner)
- Submit your completed application form and verification of economic need (if it has not already been supplied in the past 12 months)
- Email: email@example.com
Fee Subsidy Program
Community Services Department
7th Floor, 395 Main St.
Winnipeg, MB R3B 3N8
What happens next?
You will receive a letter indicating the outcome of your application in the mail. Please make sure you have provided a daytime phone number; we will call you if we have any questions.
Important information if you are applying for a program subsidy for registered Leisure Guide activities/swimming lessons:
- Applications should be submitted prior to the registration start dates.
- Applicants will be registered if a spot is available when they are approved. Applicants are encouraged to list more than one choice on the application form, as the first choice may not be available. Please note that staff may contact the applicant to confirm or clarify any information submitted.
For more information on the Fee Subsidy Program, please call 311 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information on Equipment Loan Fee Subsidies.