Fee Subsidy Program
The following City-owned facilities are open:
- Cindy Klassen Recreation Complex (including the indoor pool)
- Fort Rouge Leisure Centre
- Freight House Recreation Centre
- Pan Am (including the indoor pool)
- Peguis Trail Health & Fitness Centre
- Sergeant Tommy Prince Place (indoor pool remains closed)
- St. James Assiniboia Centennial (indoor pool remains closed)
All other City-owned and operated fitness, leisure centres and indoor pools remain closed at this time. All City-owned and operated arenas remain closed.
Library branches are now open for in-person service.
The Summer 2021 Leisure Guide is now available online. Register now for all summer activities.
The Summer 2021 Leisure Guide Swimming brochure is now available online. Register now for summer swimming lessons.
The Summer 2021 Priceless Fun brochure is now available online, featuring free recreation and leisure programming for children and youth.
Les installations municipales suivantes sont ouvertes :
- Complexe récréatif Cindy-Klassen (y compris la piscine intérieure)
- Centre de loisirs de Fort Rouge
- Centre de loisirs Freight House
- Pan Am (y compris la piscine intérieure)
- Centre de conditionnement physique Peguis Trail
- Sergeant Tommy Prince Place (la piscine intérieure demeure fermée)
- Centennial de St. James–Assiniboia (la piscine intérieure demeure fermée)
Tous les autres centres de conditionnement physique et de loisirs et toutes les autres piscines intérieures que la Ville possède et exploite demeurent fermés pour le moment. Tous les arénas que la Ville possède et exploite demeurent fermés.
On offre maintenant des services en personne aux succursales de la Bibliothèque.
Le Guide Loisirs de l’été 2021 est désormais offert en ligne. Inscrivez-vous dès maintenant à n’importe quel programme d’été.
La brochure de natation du Guide Loisirs de l’été 2021 est désormais accessible en ligne. Inscrivez-vous dès maintenant aux leçons de natation d’été.
La brochure Priceless Fun de l’été 2021, qui propose des programmes de loisirs gratuits pour les enfants et les jeunes, est désormais offerte en ligne.
Recreation is for Everyone!
The goal of the City of Winnipeg Recreation Services Fee Subsidy Program is to expand access to recreation opportunities and experiences for Winnipeggers, regardless of economic family income.
Type of Subsidies
There are 2 main types of subsidies available:
- Facility Passes – Active/available; registration of swim/fitness blocks in advance, using your facility pass is strongly encouraged.
- Activity Credits – Summer day camp activities
You must be a City of Winnipeg resident and one of the following must apply:
- You have a social assistance case number
- You are a new permanent resident or refugee who has been in Canada for less than 18 months and have not filed a tax return.
- You have an economic family income below the low income cut-off (LICO) (amounts listed below)
|Economic Family Size||Total Income|
|More than 7||for each additional person,
Note: Other considerations may be made for special circumstances.
(Sources: Statistics Canada and Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada)
"Economic family” refers to a group of two or more persons who live in the same dwelling and are related to each other by blood, marriage, common-law union, adoption or a foster relationship.
How to Apply:
Fill out the application form
After you fill out the application form, please save it to your computer. The completed form can either be submitted by email or printed and submitted by mail or fax, as per the instructions below.
If you cannot provide the required documentation for verification of economic need but do meet the criteria, and you have a relationship with a third party organization that can verify your economic need, please use the Third Party Referral application form.
- Provide verification of economic need (required only once per year)
Along with your application form, you will need to include a copy of one of the following (if it has not already been supplied in the past 12 months):
- Social assistance budget letter
- Documentation showing your landing date in Canada and UCI number
- Most recent Canada Revenue Agency Notice of Assessment identifying annual net income of all economic family members
- Monthly statement of income from CPP Disability (including the income verification of all economic family members)
- Submit your completed application form and verification of economic need (if it has not already been supplied in the past 12 months)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fee Subsidy Program
Community Services Department
7th Floor, 395 Main St.
Winnipeg, MB R3B 3N8
Please note: the City cannot guarantee the security of your personal information if you choose to submit by email.
What happens next?
You will receive a letter indicating the outcome of your application in the mail. Please make sure you have provided a daytime phone number; we will call you if we have any questions.
Important information if you are applying for a program subsidy for registered Leisure Guide activities/swimming lessons:
- Applications should be submitted prior to the registration start dates.
- If approved, applicants are responsible for completing their own registrations.
- A fee subsidy credit will be added to the account of each individual identified on the application.
- The fee subsidy credit is an annual credit intended to be applied towards all Leisure Guide sessions for a period of 12 months from approval.
- The fee subsidy credit cannot be used to purchase admissions, visits/memberships, facility rentals, gift cards or POS items.
- The fee subsidy credit is not transferrable and has no cash value.
Resources for Third Party Referrals
For more information on the Fee Subsidy Program, please call 311 or email email@example.com.
More information on Leisure Guide registration.
More information on Equipment Loan Fee Subsidies.