Sick or injured animals
Sick owned animals
If you have any concerns about the health of your pet, contact your veterinarian immediately.
If you are aware of a sick or injured owned animal, and the owner is neglecting to provide veterinary care, contact the Provincial Animal Care Line.
Stray injured animals
- Call the Animal Services Agency at 311 if the injured dog is moving.
- Call the Winnipeg Humane Society at 204-982-2020 if the injured dog is not moving.
- If you are unable to contact the Winnipeg Humane Society, contact the Animal Services Agency at 311.
- Contact the Winnipeg Humane Society at 204-982-2020
- Wildlife Haven Rehabilitation Centre at 204-878-3740
- Prairie Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre at 204-510-1855
- Manitoba Sustainable Development at 204-945-5221
- If an animal is found dead on a roadway within the City of Winnipeg, call 311. Dead animals on private property are the responsibility of the property owner.
- For dead animals found outside the City of Winnipeg, contact your municipality or RM.
Frequently asked questions
Yes. You must insure the animal is buried at a sufficient depth to eliminate odour and discourage attracting other animals.
No. The disposal of personally owned animals is the responsibility of the animal owner. Search "Pet Cemeteries, Crematories and Supplies" for further information.