The City of Winnipeg Leisure Guide is the #1 resource for year-round recreation and leisure planning. Advertising in the Leisure Guide ensures your message is seen by hundreds of thousands of Winnipeggers who keep an issue on hand to plan their activities throughout the year.
A new Leisure Guide is published twice annually—Spring/Summer in March and Fall/Winter in August. 270,000 guides are distributed annually and each issue has a shelf life of 5–6 months.
- Direct mailed with the Winnipeg Free Press
- Free pick up at over 370 locations throughout the city, including:
- All public city facilities—pools, leisure centres, arenas and libraries
- Major grocery stores, convenience stores, banks and credit unions
- View the full distribution list
- Online version available at winnipeg.ca/leisureguide
- Shared through all city social media channels to drive visitor views
- Digital reach (2017):
- Total issue visits – 250,000
- Total page views – 2.55 million
- Unique page views – 1.75 million
Spring/Summer 2020 Issue
- Material for ads requiring design services January 17, 2020
- Print-ready ad file January 28, 2020
Fall 2020/Winter 2021 Issue
- Material for ads requiring design services May 22, 2020
- Print-ready ad file June 12, 2020
All dimensions are measured in inches.
|Inside Front Cover *||$4,500||$4,500||8.25"||10.5"|
|Inside Back Cover *||$4,500||$4,500||8.25"||10.5"|
|Outside Back Cover *||$5,400||$5,400||8.25"||10.5"|
|2 Pages–spread *||$5,850||$6,728||16.25"||10.5"|
* includes 0.125" bleed
- Trim Size (actual page size): 8" x 10.25"
- Bleed Size (.125" bleed): 8.25" x 10.5"
- Live Area: 7.25" x 9.25"
- All live matter (logos, text, important graphics) must be at least .375" (3⁄8 inch) from trim on all sides.
- All dollar values are net before tax.
- 30 days net.
- Overdue amounts subject to interest of 1.5% per month (18% per annum).
Graphic Design Services
- If print-ready ads are not supplied, graphic design services are available.
- We will create 1 design (maximum 3 hours) at no charge. Additional design revisions will be billed at $60.00 per hour.
Premium guaranteed ad placement in a section of your choice providing maximum exposure and visibility of your message to your target audience.
- Placements are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis and are subject to availability.
- Sections that are available for guaranteed placement:
- Active Living–Dance
- Active Living–Fitness
- Active Living–Sport
- Adult Leisure
- Older Active Adults
- Persons with a Disability
- Services de loisirs en français
- Summer Camps
- Adobe PDF (print-ready, high resolution)
- Name file to indicate advertiser in ad, season and year ad is being published (e.g. acme_dance_studio_S19.pdf)
- All colour used to build ad must be CMYK only, no RGB or spot colours.
- Photos used in ad must be a minimum 300 dpi at the finished size.
- Line scans should be minimum 600 dpi.
- Vector fonts only; we cannot be responsible for the printed appearance of raster fonts.
- Use only legitimate (system or purchased) fonts and do not stylize to a font type (bold or italic) not loaded on your system (check your system fonts folder if the font you want does not show up in the fonts pull-down menu of your application).
Please note: we cannot accept print-ready ads submitted in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Publisher), Word Perfect, CorelDraw or Pagemaker.
Ads Requiring Graphic Design Services:
- Text/ad copy: Microsoft Word or email format.
- Images/photos: minimum 300–600 dpi at finished size in EPS, JPEG, TIFF or PSD format (please do not apply compression or profiles).
- Layout instructions: may be submitted in Microsoft Word or email.
Ad Proof Sign-off
- A proof of the ad will be emailed for final approval.
Ad submissions accepted via email or, for larger files, use a file transfer site such as Dropbox. If you require assistance sending larger files, please contact us and we can help you.
Advertising Sales Liaison