Frequently Asked Questions
A vehicle is considered derelict if:
- not in operational condition AND
- wrecked or partly wrecked, rusted or dismantled or partly dismantled AND
- not insured and registered under The Highway Traffic Act and does not have a current, valid licence plate attached to it AND
- left outside a building for more than one month
- For more information, see the Neighbourhood Liveability By-law 1/2008
- Contact the City at 311 to register a complaint.
- The City will issue an order to have the derelict vehicle removed. The order may be appealed.
- The City will remove derelict vehicles on expiry of the order.