Site Accessibility Information Access Key 1 to Skip to Top Navigation Access Key 2 to Skip to the Three One One link Access Key 3 to Skip to City of Winnipeg Main Menu Access Key 4 to Skip to Left Navigation Menu Access Key 5 to Skip to Content area Access Key 6 to Skip to Right Sidebar content area Access Key 7 to Skip to Footer Links
City of Winnipeg
|  Link to the City of Winnipeg French websiteFrançais  |
COVID-19: City of Winnipeg response and latest updates on City facilities and services COVID-19 : Mesures prises par la Ville de Winnipeg et dernières nouvelles sur les installations et services municipaux
Community Services

Posters and Handbills

The City of Winnipeg regulates the distribution, posting and leaving of posters, pamphlets and handbills under the Handbill and Poster By-law

On November 1, 2008, Part 4 (Handbills, Posters and Temporary Signs on Streets) of the Neighbourhood Liveability By-law will replace the Handbill and Poster By-law.

Frequently Asked Questions

Open all | Close all

What are the rules regarding the delivery of handbills or pamphlets?
  • You cannot leave a handbill on residential property if:
    • there is a sign on the property stating something like “No handbills”, “No flyers”, “No trespassing” or “No pedlars or agents”
    • the occupant indicates in some other way that handbills/pamphlets are not wanted
    • the property is vacant
  • You must place handbills/posters on a residential property in a way that they will not be blown by the wind from the place where they were left.
  • You cannot leave a handbill/poster on a vehicle.
Can I put a poster up on private property?
  • Only if you have permission from the owner or occupant of the property.
Who can I call to complain about handbills and posters left on my property?
  • Contact the City of Winnipeg at 311 to register a complaint.
Last update: February 1, 2019