Flea Market Licence
A Flea Market is:
- Two or more Antique Dealers, Bicycle Dealers, or Used Goods Dealers operating together on a single property, and whose operating hours are limited to weekends and holidays
There are several ways to access the Flea Market licence application form:
- Use this link to access the application form on-line.
- contact Community By-Law Enforcement Services to request an application by mail.
- Visit Community By-Law Enforcement Services and pick up the application in person.
Upon application, Community By-Law Enforcement Services will coordinate the following:
- Verification from a City employee authorized to administer and enforce the Winnipeg Zoning By-law or the Downtown Winnipeg Zoning By-law that operation of the business on the premises for which the Licence is sought is permitted under one of those two zoning by-laws
- An occupancy permit authorizing the proposed business to occupy the premises for which the Licence is sought
- Verification from the Fire Paramedic Chief or delegate that the operation of the business on the proposed premises meets the requirements of the Fire Prevention By-law, the Manitoba Fire Code and other regulatory requirements relating to fire safety
- Certificate of Record Review Board from Winnipeg Police Service
Fees are not permitted to be pro-rated or reduced, however, a recent Council approved amendment to the Doing Business in Winnipeg By-law now allows annual licences to be taken at any time of the year. Licences are valid for one year from date of purchase.
See also Antique Dealer
See also Auctioneer
See also Bicycle Dealer
See also Precious Metals Dealer
Applicants may be required to provide suitable identification.