Escort Agency Licence
An escort agency is:
- A person who offers to arrange or arranges an introduction between an escort and another person or arranges an escort to provide a date or a period of companionship for another person.
- A person who is the registered user of a telephone number or cellular phone number that is advertised as the number to telephone to arrange an introduction with an escort.
- A person who pays for, places or arranges an advertisement in any media offering to arrange an introduction with an escort.
- A person who operates an Internet Web site to promote an escort service or to offer to arrange an introduction with an escort.
There are several ways to access the escort agency licence application form:
- Use this link to access the application form on-line.
- contact Community By-Law Enforcement Services to request an application by mail.
- Visit Community By-Law Enforcement Services and pick up the application in person.
Upon application, Community By-Law Enforcement Services will coordinate the following:
- Verification from a City employee authorized to administer and enforce the Winnipeg Zoning By-law or the Downtown Winnipeg Zoning By-law that operation of the business on the premises for which the Licence is sought is permitted under one of those two zoning by-laws
- A copy of an occupancy permit authorizing the business to occupy the premises for which the Licence is sought
- Certificate from the Record Review Board Winnipeg Police Services
Fees are not permitted to be pro-rated or reduced, however, a recent Council approved amendment to the Doing Business in Winnipeg By-law now allows annual licences to be taken at any time of the year. Licences are valid for one year from date of purchase.
See also Escort.
See also Independent Escort Agency Licence.
Applicants may be required to provide suitable identification.