An escort is a person who charges or receives a fee for the following services:
- Acting as a date
- Providing personal companionship for a limited period of time
The definition of an escort does not include a person who provides care, supervision or assistance to children or to another person because of that other person’s advanced age or mental or physical disability.
Applicants must apply in person with identification and photographs as required on the application form.
There are several ways to access the escort licence application form:
- Use this link to access the application form on-line
- Contact Community By-Law Enforcement Services to request an application by mail.
- Visit Community By-Law Enforcement Services and pick up the application in person
Upon application, Community By-Law Enforcement Services will coordinate the following:
- Certificate from the Record Review Board Winnipeg Police Services
Fees are not permitted to be pro-rated or reduced, however, a recent Council approved amendment to the Doing Business in Winnipeg By-law now allows annual licences to be taken at any time of the year. Licences are valid for one year from date of purchase.
See also Escort Agency.
See also Independent Escort Agency Licence.
Applicants may be required to provide suitable identification.