Body Rub Practitioner
A body rub practitioner is an individual who provides or offers to provide:
- Body Rubs for a fee
The definition of a body rub practitioner does not include:
- A medical or therapeutic professional who provides massages as part of medical or therapeutic treatment and who is currently registered or otherwise entitled to practice under the laws of the Province of Manitoba
- A massage therapist
- An individual who carries on a business or occupation that is limited exclusively to massaging of the feet, hands, head or face
- A Provincially certified esthetician who administers massages as part of a skin care treatment, where the massage is for the purposes of product application and is a minor or incidental and secondary part of the treatment
Applicants must apply in person with identification and photographs as required on the application form.
There are several ways to access the body rub practitioner licence application form:
- Use this link to access the application form on-line.
- Contact Community By-Law Enforcement Services to request an application by mail.
- Visit Community By-Law Enforcement Services and pick up the application in person.
Upon application, Community By-Law Enforcement Services will coordinate the following:
- Certificate of Record Review from Winnipeg Police Service
Fees are not permitted to be pro-rated or reduced, however, a recent Council approved amendment to the Doing Business in Winnipeg By-law now allows annual licences to be taken at any time of the year. Licences are valid for one year from date of purchase.
For more information call 204-986-2234
Body rub Practitioners and Body Rub Parlours doing business in Winnipeg By-Law NO. 91/2008
See also Body Rub Parlour Licence.
Applicants may be required to provide suitable identification.