Become a Board Member
Are you interested in serving as a Board of Revision Member? Do you reside in Winnipeg?
The Board of Revision recruits new members annually in September. The City of Winnipeg uses an application process to invite interested residents to apply. The City of Winnipeg announces on its website when the application period is open.
Appointments will be made with a view to engaging knowledgeable, professional, managerial and other citizens who have an understanding of assessment in residential and/or commercial applications.
Selected citizens will be appointed for one year. Any members interested in applying should be available during business hours to attend scheduled hearings.
For more information about recruitment, please contact email@example.com
Who can be a Board Member
To be appointed by Council, a Board Member must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident,
- Reside in Winnipeg, and
- Be at least 18 years of age
All Board Member appointments can be renewed for multiple terms. Citizens with experience or knowledge in one or more of the following areas are encouraged to apply:
- Property or business assessment
- Property appraisal
- Property management
- Real estate
In addition, citizens should have strong analytical skills, the ability to be fair and open-minded, and the capacity to work cohesively with members of the Board.
Board Member Renumeration
Board members are eligible for payment for their service to the Board of Revision under the REMUNERATION OF THE MEMBERS OF THE BOARD OF REVISION BY-LAW NO. 7026/97.
- The remuneration of each Chairperson of a panel hearing is fixed at the sum of Seventy-five ($75.00) Dollars for every two hours of hearings attended
- The remuneration of each member of a panel hearing is fixed at the sum of Fifty ($50.00) Dollars for every two hours of hearing attended