Site Accessibility Information Access Key 1 to Skip to Top Navigation Access Key 2 to Skip to the Three One One link Access Key 3 to Skip to City of Winnipeg Main Menu Access Key 4 to Skip to Left Navigation Menu Access Key 5 to Skip to Content area Access Key 6 to Skip to Right Sidebar content area Access Key 7 to Skip to Footer Links
City of Winnipeg
|  Link to the City of Winnipeg French websiteFrançais  |
COVID-19: City of Winnipeg response and latest updates on City facilities and services COVID-19 : Mesures prises par la Ville de Winnipeg et dernières nouvelles sur les installations et services municipaux
Watch Live and Archived Council and Committee Meetings
Council Building
City Clerk's

Making a Request

Temporary service changes due to COVID-19

If you submit a FIPPA application, we will make every reasonable effort to respond to your request in writing within 30 days; however, delays may occur due to the impact of COVID-19. We will endeavour to notify applicants of delays when they occur.

  • Phone: 204-986-7509
  • Email:
  • Fax: 204-986-7133
  • In person or by mail:
    City Clerk's Department
    Susan A. Thompson Building
    510 Main St.
    Winnipeg, MB R3B 1B9

The mandated FIPPA application form is available on the Province of Manitoba’s website.

Visit the COVID-19 website for a comprehensive listing of service impacts.

The City Clerk’s Department only processes FIPPA requests that relates to City of Winnipeg departments. We do not accept requests for Provincial or Federal public bodies.

Please note: the City Clerk’s Department at 510 Main St. does not have hard copies of police reports on file.

Under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA), you have the right to request access to City records and information about yourself or other matters of interest to you.

Before submitting a FIPPA application, check the following websites and resources to determine if the information is already publicly available or if it is available through another process:

Lists of records released proactively and through responses to requests made to the City through The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Information about City services.
Access many of the City’s freely available data sets.
Access the Decision Making Information System for Committee and Council Reports, Minutes, and Meetings.
Locate property-related information by either searching on an address or by searching by type of facility.
Obtain property-specific environmental records, including by-law violations, records of spills, outstanding compliance orders, and records of monitoring or surcharging.
Access specific information regarding records such as building plans, etc.
Access historical records.
Winnipeg Police Services statistics, graphs and maps.
Information on selling to the City, past and current Bid Opportunities, and City policy regarding Materials Management.

To make a FIPPA request, you must complete the FIPPA application form. Describe the records you wish to access as clearly and as specifically as possible. Include your name, address and telephone number where you can be reached. Sign the form and keep a copy for your reference.

Please see our Frequently Asked Questions for answers to questions about response time, possible fees and the complaint process.

The Manitoba Ombudsman website provides a free, one-page guide called “Tips for making a FIPPA request.” that can help you when you fill out your application form.

Application Form

Submit the completed application form to the City Clerk's Department by mail, fax or email; note, the City cannot guarantee the security of your personal information if you choose to submit it by email.

City Clerk's Department
Susan A. Thompson Building
510 Main Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 1B9
Fax: 204-986-7133

Consent to Disclose Personal Information Form

If you are requesting information about another person, you must supply the City of Winnipeg with the other person’s written consent to disclose their personal information, in addition to the application form.

Proof of Authority Form

If you are requesting information on behalf of someone else, you must supply the City of Winnipeg with signed authorization from that individual, in addition to the application form.

Last update: March 24, 2020
Application Forms
How To Contact Us
  • Phone: 204-986-7509
  • Fax: 204-986-7133
  • Email: FIPPA
  • 510 Main Street
    Susan A. Thompson Building
    Winnipeg, MB R3B 1B9

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.