The City of Winnipeg requires every voter to provide proof of their name and current address by showing identification. Picture I.D. is not a requirement.
You have two options:
Show one original piece of identification with your photo, name and address. It must be issued by a government agency.
- A valid Driver’s License
- Enhanced Identification card
Show two original pieces of authorized identification that together provide evidence of your name and current address. A combination of the below examples would be sufficient.
- Manitoba Health Services card,
- Manitoba Blue Cross card,
- a blank personalized cheque,
- a credit card statement,
- an Old Age Pension/Security card,
- an Income Tax Assessment statement,
- a utility bill,
- Birth Certificate,
- Indian status card,
- band membership card,
- Métis card,
- card issued by an Inuit local authority.
For more information, please contact 311.