The Winnipeg Committee for Safety (WCFS) is currently accepting applications for the WCFS Community Grants Program. The deadline to submit an application is Monday, April 8th at 11:59 P.M.
Please note: The Winnipeg Committee for Safety recognizes the importance of preventing crime and reducing victimization. As such, applications will only be reviewed for initiatives which have a specific focus on Crime Prevention Through Social Development (CPSD). CPSD can be defined as pro-active programming and services that address the root causes of crime including (but not limited to) poverty, marginalization, victimization, inadequate housing and lack of familial support. Examples of CPSD Programs include (but are not limited to):
- Parenting-skills programs
- After-school recreation programs
- Public awareness campaigns
- Gender-based violence prevention programs
- Youth-serving agencies
For more information on CPSD, please see the Canadian Municipal Network on Crime Prevention’s video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=349&v=ZfzyfkIae3M
The WCFS Community Grants process is as follows:
- Complete and submit WFCS Community Grants Application Form
- Upon WCFS funding approval, complete and submit WCFS Grant Terms & Conditions Agreement
- Upon project completion, complete and submit the WCFS Final Reports Form.
Each of the aforementioned forms is available for download below and must be submitted to the WCFS Coordinator via email (CVanDenBussche@winnipeg.ca).
Please note: The WCFS will not provide funding to the following:
- Other City of Winnipeg Departments (ie: Winnipeg Police Service) as this is a conflict of interest
- Projects/programs that are primarily food-oriented
- Projects/programs that are carried out beyond the City of Winnipeg geographical limits
- Projects/programs that are of a religious nature
The WCFS reserves the right to distribute funding as they see fit. The maximum amount of funding granted to any one proposal is $3000.00. In exceptional circumstances, the WCFS may grant funding over this amount.
Thank you kindly for your interest in the WCFS Community Grants Program!
WCFS Terms & Conditions Agreement Form
WCFS Final Report Form