National Day for Truth and Reconciliation – Monday, October 2. View holiday hours for City of Winnipeg facilities and services.
Winnipeg Arts Council Inc.
The Winnipeg Arts Council Inc. is an independent not-for-profit Corporation, created and mandated by the City to:
- manage and carry out the City’s arts and cultural funding programs;
- advise the City on cultural policy;
- explore partnerships and initiatives with other funding bodies, foundations and groups;
- present an Annual Report and Audited Financial Statement;
- develop and maintain a cooperative relationship with all City departments and staff working in cultural areas.
Not less than 11 and not more than 15 Directors:
- 4 to 6 Council Directors (citizens-at-large appointed by Council)
- 4 to 6 Arts Community Directors (elected by and from arts constituent groups or disciplines comprising the Arts Community Members
- 1 City Representative (the Chairperson of the Standing Policy Committee on Protection and Community Services or his/her delegate, provided such delegate is a member of City Council)
- 1 member of the City administration (non-voting capacity)
3 citizen members
2-year term to expire December 31, 2025
Once per month
Carol A. Phillips, Executive Director
103 – 110 Princess St.
Winnipeg, MB R3B 1K7