Advice and permit information on plumbing requirements for single family dwellings
An 18-page homeowner’s guide of plumbing requirements for single-family dwellings.
Sump Pits & Pumps
A 2-page pamphlet highlighting Section 23 of Winnipeg By-law 4555/87 that deals with subsurface drainage. Section 23 requires sump pits and pumps in all new buildings that have a subsurface drainage system, also known as weeping tile.
Sump Pit Installation Guide
A 2-page pamphlet providing guidelines and helpful illustrations for the installation of a sump pump and pit for an existing single-family home.
A plumbing diagram indicating the following details:
- The diagram must have a view from the side
- Be drawn as single line
- Show the drain and vent pipe sizes
- Show the location of each fixture
Either the homeowner or a Licensed Plumber may apply for a plumbing permit.
- Completed Plumbing application
Each permit application requires all of the information shown on the Application Form and must be submitted in-person to the Zoning and Permits Office. Your application visit will take less time if you complete the Application Form in advance.
How to apply:
Please ensure you have gathered all required documentation before applying.
- Apply online (Licenced Contractors only)
- In-person by visiting the Zoning & Permits office, Unit 31-30 Fort Street, Tuesday to Friday, between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.