Brady Road Resource Management Facility (Brady Road Landfill)
Clean fill is being accepted today.
Clean fill is mud, clay, or concrete (without metal). Enter through lane 1. There is no fee for loads with clean fill only. However, if a load contains other materials, a fee will be applied on the entire load.
Opened in 1973, this 790 hectares Class 1 waste disposal grounds facility currently holds approximately 5 million metric tonnes of waste. It accepts approximately 400,000 tonnes of waste annually.
Video tour of Brady Road Resource Management Facility (Brady Road Landfill)
Randy Park, Supervisor of Waste Diversion with the City of Winnipeg takes us on a tour of Brady Road Resource Management Facility (Brady Road Landfill).
Brady Road Resource Management Facility (Brady Road Landfill) has active dumping areas for:
- commercial waste
- residential waste
There are also areas where materials that can be recycled or reused are stockpiled:
- yard waste from the composting programs
- scrap metal, automotive batteries, used tires, used propane tanks and used appliances
- bicycles are recycled through
W.R.E.N.C.H ,who coordinates collection and distribution
Learn more about the Future of Brady Road Resource Management Facility (Brady Road Landfill).
The Brady Road Resource Management Facility (Brady Road Landfill) is located at 1901 Brady Road, south of the Perimeter Highway, 4 kilometres west of Pembina Highway.
Hours of operation
Monday to Friday
- 5:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday
- 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Brady Road Resource Management Facility (Brady Road Landfill) is open every day except November 11 (Remembrance Day), December 25 (Christmas Day) and January 1 (New Year's Day).
Three-lane entranceway featuring:
- two inbound scales
- an inbound express lane for residential customers with small loads under ˝ ton (lane 2)
- one outbound scale
- For any vehicle, but intended for residential loads over 500 kilograms and all commercial vehicles.
- Payment options are cash, debit or credit card.
- Only for residential loads under 500 kilograms (i.e., cars with a utility trailer or half ton truck with a load in the box).
- Payment options are debit or credit card only.
Lane 3 inbound scale:
- Open only to WEXX account holders (call 204-986-3623 for more information).
- Automated and allows drivers to remain in their vehicles.
- Requires drivers to enter a unique access code and PIN to allow the vehicle to use the scale.
|All vehicles over 500 kilograms||$43.50 per tonne
(no GST or PST)
|All vehicles with loads under ˝ ton||$11.00 per load
(no GST or PST)
Tipping fees do not apply year-round to loads of only yard waste, including grass, leaves and branches less than 100 millimetres (4 inches) in diameter. The yard waste should be in reusable containers, cardboard boxes, and paper yard waste bags. You can also bring your yard waste loose, in a covered trailer. If your yard waste is in plastic bags, you must empty the yard waste from the plastic bag, and take the plastic bag home with you. You will not be allowed to leave the plastic bag. This is to prevent plastic from contaminating the Compost Site. Use lane 1 when entering the landfill and staff will direct you to the leaf it with us yard waste compost drop off area across the road from the scale.
Payment methods are:
- credit card (Visa, Mastercard or American Express only)
- pre-authorized account
More information on the $10.00 per tonne Provincial environmental levy implemented on July 1, 2009 for all landfills in the Province can be found in this report .
Cover your load
Be sure to cover and secure your load to prevent any contents from escaping while you are transporting your garbage. According to the Solid Waste By-law, you can be charged $50 (no GST or PST) at the landfill gate, in addition to the tipping (disposal) fee, if your garbage is not properly secured or covered. The only exception to this is for loads of clean fill (clay).
Last updated: November 18, 2013