Contact our 311 Centre – open 24 hours a day, every day – if you have comments, concerns, suggestions or questions about non-emergency services:
- garbage or recycling collection programs
- drinking water quality
- water or sewer services (e.g., water main break, basement flooding, sewer back up)
- Click before you dig
If you are installing or rebuilding a fence or deck, there is no need to contact us for clearance. Sewer or water services are usually seven to nine feet below ground level. Fence posts and deck piles are rarely installed this deep.
We do not trace private sewer or water pipes on public or private property. Unlike other utilities, the City does not own these pipes. They have been installed by private contractors. We may have records provided by the contractors when the water and sewer service was installed. These are available to property owners. However, we cannot guarantee their accuracy. Contact us for more information.
|To serve you better, our new business hours are:
In 2013, we are closed on the following days:
Questions about your utility bill or payment arrangements?
- Call the Utility Billing Centre at 204-986-2455 (204-986-BILL).
- Fax us at 204-954-1758. Include your contact information (e.g., telephone number, address) on the fax.
- Call our TTY at 204-986-2149.
- Email us. Include your contact information (e.g., telephone number, address) in the body of your message. You can expect a reply from us within two business days.
- Mail us at:
Water and Waste Department
510 Main Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 3M1
- Centre de services bilingues - #100 - 614 Des Meurons Street .
- When you receive a water meter reading request card, phone in your water meter reading to 204-986-4445, our 24-hour automated water meter reading system. Recorded instructions will tell you how to enter your meter number and meter reading with the touch-tone buttons on your telephone.
- To provide meter readings when you are moving in or out of a house, you can phone in your reading to 204-986-3212, our 24-hour moving in / moving out automated water meter reading system. Recorded instructions will tell you how to enter your meter number and meter reading with the touch-tone buttons on your telephone.
- To give us your change of address:
- Go to ManitobaAddressChange.ca or
- Phone us at 204-986-2455
- General inquiries: 311
- Commercial collection and disposal account inquiries: 204-986-5563
- Special Waste Control Technician: 204-986-4813
- Environmental record searches: 204-986-4813
- Wastewater Vehicle Disposal Licence inquiries: 204-986-4818
- Cross-connections and backflow prevention record searches: 204-986-4118
Media inquiries: 204-986-6000
For all other department correspondence, you can reach us by mail at:
City of Winnipeg
Water and Waste Department
Suite 109 - 1199 Pacific Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3E 3S8
Last updated: December 3, 2013