Understanding your bill
For a description of each section of the utility bill, place your mouse over that section.
1. Contact Us
8:30 am to 7:00 pm Monday through Thursday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Saturday, except Saturdays on holiday long weekends
This is the name of the primary holder of the water account.
3. Account Number
This is your new number. If you pay using internet banking or telepay, you will need to advise your bank of the change in your account number.
4. Amount due
This is the total amount you owe. If we accept only cash payments on your account, the word "cash" will appear here.
5. Due date
This is the date we require your payment.
6. Billing date
This is the date we prepared your bill. If this is a copy of your original bill, the word "copy" will appear here.
These may be messages important to our customers, or messages specific to you and your account.
- Example of a message for all customers:
"Our rates have changed effective January 1, 2013."
- Example of a message about your account:
"Our records show that you have moved. This bill includes the final charges for your previous address."
8. Your Account Summary
This tells you your previous balance, payments we've received, and new charges from the current billing period. If you are on our preauthorized payment plan, the date your payment will be withdrawn will appear here.
9. Details of New Charges
This gives you a breakdown of your water and sewer charges and any other charges (e.g., late payment fees). The water and sewer charges are based on the amount of water you use as measured by the water meter. The basic charge is based on the number of days in the billing period and the size of your meter.
10. Waste Diversion Services
- was introduced to fund new programs that provide our residents with more ways to reduce, reuse and recycle (e.g., curbside yard waste collection, a curbside kitchen organic collection trial, Community Resource Recovery Centres), ultimately helping our community reduce the amount of garbage that goes to the landfill
- is $50.00 per year or $.0137 per day,
- is billed as a daily charge for each dwelling unit serviced.
11. Water Use
This is the information we use to calculate your water and sewer charges.
12. Meter Number
The serial number on the water meter.
13. Meter Size
The size of the meter (sizes range from 5/8" to 10", and the larger the meter, the higher the basic charge).
14. Days Billed
The number of days billed - used to determine your basic charges.
15. Meter Reading Period
Your meter readings and the dates meter readings were taken.
The amount of water used in cubic meters (and in gallons or cubic feet with the conversion factor, if you have an older meter).
17. The reading type:
- our estimate because we did not receive an actual meter reading from you
- company read - our staff read your meter
- customer read - we received a meter reading from you
18. Bill Stub
This is the portion you return to us if you are mailing your payment. The stub includes:
19. Scan Line
Our scan line - we use this for processing the payment.
20. Mailing Information
Your mailing information
- if there is a second person on the account, his or her name will appear here.
- this address may be different from the service address.
21. Payment Box
A payment box with your account number and payment information
- if you are on our preauthorized payment plan the payment box will not appear on the stub.
- if this is a copy of your bill, the word "copy" will appear here.
22. Postage Rate Box
The codes used by Canada Post for our postage rates.
A scan line used by the bank to process payments made at an ATM machine or in person at a bank.
Back of bill
Last updated: December 31, 2013