Know Your Zone (KYZ) Mobile App
The City of Winnipeg's "Know Your Zone" app is now available for free download at the Apple App Store and Google Play App Store for mobile devices.
Developed within existing resources by the City of Winnipeg, app information can be viewed in either English or French and will provide Winnipeggers with easy to access, up-to-date snow zone information when a Residential Parking Ban is called this winter.
By using the GPS capabilities of a mobile device combined with either the app’s interactive mapping feature, or by entering the street address, citizens can easily access:
- The designated snow zone letter of the alphabet associated with that location.
- Color coded maps of snow zones when snow clearing is underway.
- Red streets indicate residential streets currently being cleared of snow.
- Amber streets indicate residential streets to be plowed in the next 12-hour shift.
- Blue streets indicate streets designated as snow routes.
- The residential snow clearing schedule.
The app features push notifications that will automatically send a message to the user when a residential parking ban is declared for the addresses saved as favourites. The app also links to descriptions of all five winter parking bans, and an “in effect” page that indicates which winter parking bans are currently declared.
- Know Your Zone mobile app Frequently Asked Questions.
- View the KYZ mobile app User Guide.
- Don't have a mobile device?
The City of Winnipeg Know Your Zone mobile app may collect certain personal information from your device (including mobile ID, location, and user preferences) for the purposes of providing you with notifications for relevant snow routes and saved favourite snow zones. This information is being collected under the authority of 36(1)(b) of The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Your user information will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. If you have any questions about the collection of this information, contact the Corporate FIPPA Coordinator by mail to City Clerk's Department, Administration Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9, or by telephone at 311.
Last updated: April 3, 2017