When hosting a one-time event, insurance is required for the following:
- Expected attendance over 200 people
- Roadway events
- Federal Government sponsored event
- Bandmobile or Bleacher rentals
- Events with mobile play structures (ex. skate board ramps)
- Inflatable bouncy toys rented from commercial companies
- Any school not covered by Manitoba Association of School Trustees
- Daycares / Nursery Schools
- High Hazard / Pyrotechnics Fireworks
- Filming in a park
- Fitness Boot Camps/Classes
When insurance is required there is an Administrative fee that will be charged as well as the booking fee.
Park Rental Customer is responsible for arranging for required permits. This information is provided as a resource.
TO FILE FOR A CERTIFICATE OF INSURANCE:
Call your insurance agent and ask for a Certificate of Insurance relating to your functions requirements.
The Certificate of Insurance must have evidence of the following insurance requirements:
- Commercial General Liability insurance (CGL) with a minimum limit of two (2) million dollars, inclusive;
- The City of Winnipeg added as an additional insured;
- Evidence of Cross Liability;
- Minimum fifteen (15) days notice of cancellation clause;
The Certificate of Insurance, detailing the above, should be sent to the following address for approval before a permit will be issued. Please include a contact name and phone number so that the Insurance Branch may call with any concerns or necessary follow-up.
The City of Winnipeg
Risk Management - Insurance Branch
3rd Floor – 185 King Street, Winnipeg, MB. R3B 1J1
The Public Works Department will be notified upon verification of the insurance, and assuming everything else is in order, they will proceed to issue the permit.
More Information can be found at:
- Film production / event throughout the City of Winnipeg - Click here for information
- Events with High Hazard Fireworks - Click here to obtain insurance requirements