Fall Clean Up
What You Should Know About Fall Cleaning
Fall clean-up activities involve removing debris and leaves that collect during the fall months. Here are some things you should know about fall clean-up.
- Heavily treed areas are cleaned during fall cleaning.
- Not every street is cleaned in the fall. Sweeping will be done mainly in heavily-treed areas on Priority 2 (Non-Regional Bus Routes & Collectors) & Priority 3 (Residential) streets.
- Leaves collected during the cleanup operation are transported to City’s composting site at the Brady Road Landfill.
- Temporary “No Parking” signs will be placed in areas in advance where parked vehicles pose a problem to sweeping. Motorists are asked to watch for these signs, and to avoid parking in that area during the times indicated. Otherwise, the vehicle may be ticketed and/or towed.
Watch for temporary "No Parking" signs and park elsewhere so
our streets can be cleaned efficiently.
Daytime sweeping –
- Parking prohibited from 09:00 to 17:00
- Signs will be placed by 21:00 the previous evening
Evening sweeping –
- Parking prohibited from 22:00 to 07:00
- Signs will be placed by 16:00 that day
If your vehicle was parked on the street PRIOR to the Public Works Department placing the temporary “No Parking” signs and has been towed away, please check the next street over and/or around the corner for your vehicle. You can contact 311 for additional assistance.
If you parked your vehicle on the street AFTER the placement of temporary “No Parking” signs, please contact 311 for the location of your vehicle.
What You Can Do To Aid Fall Clean Up
You can aid Fall clean-up by disposing of yard waste correctly with the curbside yard waste collection program.
Residents are reminded not to rake leaves onto streets at curbside as large accumulations can plug sewer inlets, which in turn can lead to water ponding on streets and necessitate costly sewer cleaning.
The ‘Leaf It With Us’ yard waste depots are now permanently closed.
View more Street Cleaning Program information.Last update: 27.03.2014
* Top of Page