The draft Corydon-Osborne Area Plan is currently being edited to reflect comments expressed in May at the open house and by email. It is expected that the plan will be submitted for consideration to the various committees of Council later this summer. This review process can take several months and will include a public hearing.
For more information about the Project and the City's overall planning framework, please check back to this website or subscribe to email updates by clicking the E-Subscribe link on the right side of this page.
The Need for a Plan
The Corydon-Osborne area is a neighbourhood of tremendous assets and tremendous opportunities. The introduction of rapid transit with a stop at Osborne and Jessie will support new, transit-oriented development in the areas near the station. Corydon will continue to see growth in the form of commercial mixed-use. And there continues to be interest in residential infill throughout the neighbourhood. The plan will be a tool to help mediate issues arising from change. It will guide decision-makers as they begin to implement the City's new Complete Communities Direction Strategy.
Objectives for the Plan
- to implement key OurWinnipeg and Complete Community concepts and strategies at the neighbourhood level
- to implement the policies of the Transit Oriented Development Handbook
- to lay out a 20 year vision that capitalizes on the Osborne rapid transit station and the Corydon Avenue mixed-use corridor
- to enable pedestrian-oriented, mixed-use infill development
- to address sustainability issues