Project Update - March 2014
The presentation and workbook from the February 27 meeting are now available on this web site. If you missed the meeting, you are invited to print off the workbook and fill it out. The consultant is still accepting feedback until the third week of March. After that, the plan will be revised to reflect community input. The public will still have an opportunity to review and comment on the revised draft at that time.
Completed workbooks can be submitted to:
15-30 Fort Street, R3C 4X5
For more information about the Project and the City's overall planning framework, please check back to this website or subscribe to email updates by clicking the E-Subscribe link on the right side of this page.
The Need for a Plan
The Corydon-Osborne area is a neighbourhood of tremendous assets and tremendous opportunities. The introduction of rapid transit with a stop at Osborne and Jessie will support new, transit-oriented development in the areas near the station. Corydon will continue to see growth in the form of commercial mixed-use. And there continues to be interest in residential infill throughout the neighbourhood. The plan will be a tool to help mediate issues arising from change. It will guide decision-makers as they begin to implement the City's new Complete Communities Direction Strategy.
Objectives for the Plan
- to implement key OurWinnipeg and Complete Community concepts and strategies at the neighbourhood level
- to implement the policies of the Transit Oriented Development Handbook
- to lay out a 20 year vision that capitalizes on the Osborne rapid transit station and the Corydon Avenue mixed-use corridor
- to enable pedestrian-oriented, mixed-use infill development
- to address sustainability issues
Last update: March 4, 2014
* Top of Page